Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Lowering springs
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #75
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

Points 3,700, Level 38
Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Damn thay, stupid phone.

Rolling won't be necessary at this height. A 1.5" drop with spacers or smaller puffer smaller offset rims probably would. Focusboy would be one to verify that.

There is no real 'need' for spacers, but I will take a pic of my car at roughly the same angle as Zillon's and post both here for visual comparison. That will be tonight after work.

The wider spacing of the wheels will give it a more confident feel, but the actual weight of the spacers isn't what throws off the handling (when too excessive), it's the overall rotational mass in relation to the fulcrum of the spindle. Arm, I believe?

Ok, back to work me
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3matt View Post
No fender rolling needed. Ford has gone away from the enormous fender lips thankfully. They are as "rolled" as you will probably ever get right from the factory.
Thanks guys. I wonder if the ST is going to have components that help us out? It's already lower from the factory. I don't want much. This is purely a DD for me. I'll get another 'toy" to replace my Z06 later.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D