That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Yes, but "thay" isn't!

So, we drop for lower CG/looks, but then we're adding wheel spacer to push the wheel out to get rid of the tucked look that the dropping created. Will fender rolling be in the future of these spacers on these wheels? Any stronger hubs/bearings out there? I agree 10mm isn't much, and doesn't weigh much either. But you already have the widest tire/wheel combo available and then you're gonna punch 'em out 3/8" more. I wonder how Focusboy and his 19's are doing. Most of the other low or stanced guys also don't have the steering limiters of our rack.

Do you have any pics that could show the NEED for a spacer? You've already brought the tire 25mm vertically closer to the fender lip, and you're considering 10mm horizontally as well. I hate having to roll fenders, it is a serious PITA to do right.
Damn thay, stupid phone.

Rolling won't be necessary at this height. A 1.5" drop with spacers or smaller puffer smaller offset rims probably would. Focusboy would be one to verify that.

There is no real 'need' for spacers, but I will take a pic of my car at roughly the same angle as Zillon's and post both here for visual comparison. That will be tonight after work.

The wider spacing of the wheels will give it a more confident feel, but the actual weight of the spacers isn't what throws off the handling (when too excessive), it's the overall rotational mass in relation to the fulcrum of the spindle. Arm, I believe?

Ok, back to work me

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-