Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #1560
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.pacman View Post
Thank you for the reply. The Ford dealer I visited yesterday was less than forthcoming about these rebates and wouldn't even show me the x-plan pricing on the vehicles I looked at. Thank you again.

He also had no idea what a job 2 Focus was.

His reply to my questions about FMC financing was that the interest rates weren't relevent as I could just refinance with my bank in 2 months. My FICO score is 797 (pulled on Saturday morning at my bank which offered 2.48% for up to 48mos. 2009 model or newer). Wouldn't the interest rates on FMC financing be competitive with my own bank? Do the dealers set the interest rate irregardless of credit score?

The whole experience was weird and he could have sold me a Fusion, but didn't. Weird.
Probably just a sales associate, not a professional IMO.

He said not relevant because the rate is quite high compared to your 2.48%. FMC gives you 6.99% to get the most rebates, you refinance after 3 payments are made. This is done so we do not get charged back the rebate. Comes out of my pay if customers pay off before 3 months so it does cost me money in the end. Let me know if you want to get information on any vehicles I have, check out www.phillongdenver.com if you want to see our current inventory.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com