pkolator
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73320
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 pkolator Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly View Post
The Miata STS guys have played with the 225 RS3, and I've heard that the 1.8 miata does better with them. but i chose the R1R, i like this tire a lot. Tomorrow will be my 11th event on them and i have noticed them getting way better. I run about the same PSI as you, sometimes it feels sluggish but the grip is unreal.
How are you doing locally this season Paul?
I agree they are a little vague, but I think I've gotten a "feel" for them.

I'm doing pretty good locally. Top 10 finishes with our local small club (my co-driver is my only class competition and he is just learning fwd so I'm shooting for high PAX finishes). I've only done 2 events with my SCCA region. First event I was 4 seconds off the class winner. The second event I was only 0.6 off the class winner. And with the current set-up of my car verses the set-up of the other cars in class I'm very happy with that result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecugrad View Post
What size r1r's on your Focus?

I currently am running r1r's on my sts CRX, and love them. However I started dissassembling the car today to sell...
I'm not running my Focus this season, though I am strongly considering taking it back to FSP prep (currently SMF turbo) for dd duty and an occasional autox. I would give the 225/45 R1R a shot if I was a single driver in the Focus. If I had a co-driver I would go with the RS3.

What year is the CRX you're selling? Got any parts to sell? I've got a '90 Si with off the shelf Koni yellows/GC sleeves and pretty soft springs (450 front, 350 rear I believe). Looking to get heavier springs, I'm just not sure how much spring the Konis can handle. I haven't been able to get a hold of Koni and they haven't returned my emails.
1990 CRX Si STS (autox)