Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 08 to 11 modifications (pictures)
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #20
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstewartroc View Post
How did you do that? I've been looking for a guide, but couldn't find any for the 08 and up. And how much better is the Focus at stopping?
It wasn't exactly like this how to but it's the same setup. Link The only differences are 1. no need to take apart the drum, 2. the brake line needs an additional piece right at the caliper, 3. the mounting on the frame for the hub has larger holes than the bolts in the hub.

The other thing is the kits that ford used to sell aren't being made anymore so finding it is going to be difficult, mine came off a totaled SVT and somehow came with the extra pieces for the brake line.

The braking is more responsive with this setup then it was with the drums. That and drums are ugly inefficient and hard to maintain, disk is EASY to maintain look better and are easy to replace when brake maintenance comes around.
SR #233