Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTnoob View Post
Idk how to quote on this aggervating app, but its not set up poorly nor built wrong jus doesnt stay together long, seems to always be problems with it, my motto is ford is good for a fun DD toy, but if you wanna go fast build a chevy
Depends on what years we're talking about.

LSX > Modular motors
SBF > SBC
BBC > BBF
Chevy 4 cylinders > Ford 4 cylinders

Motor wise, I like Chevy's newer stuff. The LS motors are awesome engines that can be swapped into dang near anything. The modular motors without a blower are mammoth engines that are expensive and complicated to work on. I like Ford's older pushrod engines though just with Chevy's finer points (HEI distributors, one wire alternators, etc...), Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

There's two dream drag car combinations I would love to have. One would be a fox body with a small block Ford 9.5" deck dart block 380ci, 10.5:1 compression, Yates C3 heads, Super Victor intake, a single LF88 turbo mounted in the front bumper with the exhaust dumped in front of the front tires, 2-speed powerglide with 1.72 first gear, and running on Q16. The second one is a fox body with a 572ci big block Chevy with 13.5:1 compression, conventional heads, custom headers dumped right behind the front tires, and a single NX fogger nitrous kit with a progressive 500 shot also with a 2-speed powerglide with a 1.80 first gear, and running on Q16.

Ford makes the best rear ends, Chevy makes the best transmissions, and the engines are split between and personal preference. Chrysler just kinda fails on all counts. lol Except for making 500ci top fuel engines.

BTW, I grew up in Waynesboro, MS not far from you. Go War Eagles!