Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Cruise control issue.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #23
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplifier28 View Post
My cruise control started to function again after the powertrain reprogram to the automatic transmission. It was working again since then, but today it ceased to function. It only functioned once during my 30 mile commute today. I guess I will take it into the dealership when I am in town again while it does not function.
I took mine into the dealership at the beginning of the week and they couldn't get it to not work (which is weird since of the last dozen drives in the car I took it failed to function each time, but it worked for me every time when I tried after they looked at it as well). They told me to drive it in when it wasn't working and they'd look at it. When I got home and turned the car off/on it wasn't working, but the dealership was closed by then. Tried when I woke up the next day and it wasn't working still so I drove it in and they looked at it.
They stated that it started working again while they looked at it, but because of what the pinpoint diagnostic said they think it's either an angle steering sensor issue (which they said they didn't want to replace yet since they already have once despite the fact that it was because they broke it doing the steering TSB) or a "multi-function button failure." They supposedly sent a message to Ford tech services to get their input on it and would get back to me. Haven't heard anything from them yet, but we'll see when my replacement seat rail comes in that they ordered.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.