Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yellow stain on roof?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #69
Atomicthunk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100415
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Hatchback SEL

Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Atomicthunk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking yellow stain on roof

Thanks for the reply. My dealer's service clerk took pictures of the stains and sent them to Ford. By the time they were done with recall work for the transmission and wiper motor, Ford called them back a gave them the OK to replace the headliner. So the headliner is ordered and when it comes in I hope that they can do the job right like your dealer' service. When I first told the service manager about the stains, he said he never saw that problem before. I had copies of all the posts about this issue with me so I gave him the copies to read and asked him if he had a service tech. with the proper skills to do the job correctly. He assured they did, so I will have to wait and see. Just a side note: while I was waiting I was talking with another 2012 Focus owner that didn't know about the stains. He has the stains also, but assumed his grand kids did it. His stains were in the same location as mine.
The good news is the recall fix for the transmission seems to have solved the problems.