Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Yellow stain on roof?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #68
Artdizzle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83127
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 Artdizzle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicthunk View Post
I am taking my Focus to the dealer tomorrow to have the two recalls done.(Wiper motor and Auto transmission problem). I have the yellow/orange stains on my headliner near the passenger side also. I had no Idea it was such a wide spread problem. After reading all the threads, I donít know if I should just have the service manager document it until Ford comes up with a better fix or to let them try to take care of the problem now. I donít want to end up with a sloppy job that looks worse than before and have rattles that I didnít have before. With the leather, moon roof, and other options I bought, Iím really pissed that a 25K car has this kind of poor workmanship and that Ford has not issued a recall on this problem. Has anyone looked into a class action lawsuit? I know I am covered under warranty, plus the extra service contract I bought, Iím just afraid that they donít have a good fix yet. I welcome any advice from those of you who have been down this road before me.
I don't think there is any better fix than just replacing the headliner though. And if you have even a modicum of trust in your particular dealer, they'll do an awesome job replacing it, i'm sure! I've said it before, but I expected when I bought a brand new car model for there to be kinks and rough edges to be ironed out... thats the price for being an early adopter for "anything" unfortunately. Now i'm not happy that it happened, but honestly, so far i'm glad that if it was going to happen anyway that it ended up being something cosmetic like improper, bleeding headliner glue.

My headliner was replaced in about an hour under warranty, and everything from the pillar panels to the map lights looked unscuffed and factory when it was done... and obviously the ceiling looked great and brand new!

I haven't had a problem so far since last year when it was replaced, which means so far "I" don't have a problem either. If it happens again though it'll be a different story.