Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSellick View Post
This is great and thank you for getting all of us the info. I will be doing the same for my Focus. were do i get the connectors from? Ford? or auto parts store?
I got mine through mouser electronics (www.mouser.com) but you can also get them through,

Heilind Electronics (www.heilind.com)
Waytek Wire (www.waytekwire.com)

These guys all offer small quantity orders.. others like Power and Signal, and avila electronics may not...

I strongly suggest ordering all the connectors and terminals from the same place.. the costs between companies is fairly consistant (unless your buying on a factor of 1000's of pieces where 2 cents difference makes a lot) this will keep your shipping costs down...

As far as being a guinea pig... well.. what the hell.. Someone has to do it.. The only thing that i wonder about is if our body control modules are configured to allow fog light operation (much like the cruise control issues others have been having trying to add factory cruise)... but.. if worse comes to worse.. I got other ways to get em to work if i have too... This is why i went with a cheap ebay switch just in case the BCM decides to mess with me.. I'm gonna have em one way or another, so I'm going to need most of the stuff anywho.. so if it dont work im out 5 bucks worth of connector and terminals and 20 bucks worth of switch... I've lost more than that in the couch before.. Anyways.. the fogs themselves did come today... still waiting on the bezels and the switch.. so... I'll let you all know more, when I do...

Last edited by Chaddz3; 06-22-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: I goofed on Waktek's website address... DOH!