Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #84
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Points 5,481, Level 47
Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgodreau View Post
I had this same problem with a Bi Directional starter, remote push start 2012 titanium.
I brought in a copy of this thread to my ford mechanic and he was able to set up my focus as follows : no horn at start, locks door when start button is pushed and when i get up to the car my key fob unlocks the door and the car does not shut down. The only issue now is that I have lost bi directional functionality, it does not beep on my remote when I start the car and I can no longer shut it off with the car starter.

This is a non issue for me because I do not require these functions.

I am very happy I no longer need to start my car twice once winter hits...

Thank you very much Yamazama!!
Now it all makes sense to me. When you set Tachless=OFF, the remote starter looks for tach signal to confirm whether the car has started. There's no tach connection on Focus. As far as the remote starter is concerned, the car hasn't started successfully . So the remote starter neither shuts off the engine when the doors are opened nor send "engine running" signal to the bi-directional transmitter.