Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #68
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
Dealer took pictures and is contacting Ford. Should know more by Monday. They were concerned which is great is great to hear!
Mykal -

What was the outcome? We're always concerned when it comes to...everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNFocusFan View Post
Did anyone get a resolution to this? I just noticed that my passenger side tail light is scratching the body on my sedan. Unfortunately I'm going out of the country for a month so I'll have to get it fixed upon my return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNFocusFan View Post
...I'll take mine in when I'm back and hopefully get it sorted...
CDNFocusFan -

I believe I responded to this in another thread. When do you expect to return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrage View Post
my car with 5200 miles looks like it has this problem on the driver side rear tail lamp. Its going in for the 12B37 and a oil change tomorrow. Ill have them look at it
nerdrage -

Sounds like a plan! Is this your first oil change? Use these in the future to save on routine service: http://Owner.Ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage. If you'd like, please drop me a line (PM) with your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info. I'll forward this info to your region's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me.awesome View Post
i took mine into the dealer and they were able to adjust mine and get the tail light off the body. there is still a scratch there but i am going to ask if they can buff it out the next time i need to head that direction.
me.awesome -

I'm sure they'll do it for you, but please bring it up. Are you still experiencing the wiper noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
Took mine off and adjusted the pin. I can no longer see the scratch, so I assume I adjusted it just enough to bring it off the body. I guess I'll find out if it gets worse. Was pretty easy to do once I got the screws loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
The pin was adjusted and the chipped paint was touched up.
Focusinva and silenthill -

It sounds like the taillight was improperly placed or tightened too much; is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
I guess I'm lucky, so far I haven't had this issue, and I've been looking regularly to see if it crops up so I can nip it in the bud. Nothing yet. :D
RedComet -

Woohoo! Now, I'll perform a thorough light inspection on my car.

All of you know how to reach me if this is still an issue. As I've mentioned to nerdrage, please PM me those details and I'll look into it.

Cheers,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply