Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12B37 - New?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #403
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Well, are you sure you read what I said last time ? I said you should drive the DCT a bit "harder" THE FIRST 1000 miles, to give it the chance of a proper "break in".

After these first 1000 miles, you can do whatever you want whenever your car has a TCM/PCM reflash. Ask your dealer about what to do if you are unsure (be sure it is a knowledgeable one, though). When I asked mine after they've done the last TSB (not this FSA), they said it was no need to drive different from what I did, because they've done it for me with the "clutch adaptive learning procedure". And my DCT was already broke in. Yes, my car had already 13000 km on board at the time. Now I am at 20500 km and enjoy it every minute.
So, before claming all over this forum how you are the mighty-know-everything about how bad the DCT is, try to learn about your DCT. Don't be an a$$ with a large mouth, because you might end up crying all alone infront of your desktop. And I am sure you can do better than this.
reflash and then drive cycle 10 min of driveing not 1000 miles
follow directions still maybe for =d wants to change my clutch if it doesnt get beter dude