Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #1881
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Real nice.
That should help my resale value when I go to buy MY NEXT FORD.
I still say 95% of the problem are technology-challenged buyers.
JMHO.

Rich
True that this kind of press can't help resale. But, I figure this also hurts Ford's bottom line and will therefore motivate them to improve it. Motivate them WAY more than all our howling up here on FF. I agree that the complaints of "it's too hard to use" are 95% whiners who don't realize it take a few days to learn any new interface.

But, (and this comes from somebody with a 4-year technical degree and over 20 years in the electronics and software industry), there are SIGNIFICANT numbers of bugs still hanging around in v3.02. I even give Ford a pass on some of the Bluetooth stuff because that relies on bug free implementations on the phones used (laughable). But, still bad programming on core code is inexcusable. I have had v3.02 for weeks now and it one of the first things I always do, is press the lower left 'Entertainment' button to take me to that screen....unresponsive at least half the time.

Even with all the bugs, I think MFT is a very cool system and I enjoy it immensely when it's working. And yes, if given a do-over, I would probably buy it again for all it's good points. However, (as a $900 option) it just has far more bugs than any of the $200 software driven devices I have purchased.