Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
I'm definitely not technology-challenged. I've been in the IT profession for 20+ years implementing leading to bleeding edge technologies.

The issues I've experienced are quite real. Many of the issues other community members have reported I've also experienced. They're even reproducible, as my dealer can attest. I've got the pictures to prove it.

Since v3 was *reinstalled* in my vehicle, stability has improved. I also prefer it's interface over the prior version. It's far from perfect though, and I've noted (and reported) newly introduced glitches with this update.

Since we're pulling statistics out our collective pucker points, I'd say for every 10 bugs they fixed from 2.11, 3 new ones were introduced in the latest release. Progress, sorta.

If I knew then, what I know now - I'm fairly certain I would have skipped MFT and settled for the base stereo system and a Garmin GPS when I shopped for the car. I had been waiting for the Euro Focus to come to North America for years.
Something that's easily reproducible can usually be blamed on poor programming. People however, that complain that they keep freezing up the system and keep having issues in which the system slows down considerably, usually can be blamed on having a lack of knowledge relating to technology or atleast lack the common sense on how to use it. I have bugs and glitches, all reproducible all the time or at least 90% of the time, but I don't have lockups, freezes, slowdowns, etc.

This I attribute to my knowledge of computers and the common sense that trying to hit lots of buttons when one doesn't respond correctly isn't the way you fix problems. I input one command at a time and wait for a response from that command before inputting more, this is something I can guarantee you not everyone does, and some people may try using multiple commands in a short period of time hoping they'll all execute without issue, but this is obviously not the case. This isn't your gaming rig at home, it's not designed to be powerful enough to multitask efficiently.

So, I agree with Richs10 as much as I agree with you. It's half consumer, half poor programming as far as I'm concerned.
Sonic Crew #28