choyrl
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99906
What I Drive: 97 MustangGT,08 Corvette,12 FocusTi

FF Reputation: 1 choyrl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treoless View Post
I didn't know either until I read this post yesterday. Called the dealership today and was told they had never heard of an OEM bi-directional system. Called the dealer's contracted installer and was told the same thing. The contractor called their parts vendor and was told the bi-directional system is not available on 2012 Focus w/push start.

I almost gave up but tried calling 1-800-FORDKEY. The agent confirmed the bi-directional system IS available and the part # is CM5Z-19G364-D. Gave the part# to the installer and they were able to find it. They offered to swap it in for $200 (parts+labor). I thought it was a little steep because the price difference is only $72 and they would only need to change the wiring harness. Called the dealer again for help getting the price down. Then the installer called me saying the dealer was willing to pay $125 for labor and I just need to pay $75. It's been a week since I paid for and took delivery of my car. They did this just to make me happy. The way they do business really changed my view of car salesmen.
So how do you like the bi-directional remote start?

I am picking my new '12 Ti this week and the standard remote start was installed by the dealer yesterday and my sale consultant was not able to tell me what type of a remote start was installed. In any case, if it is a uni-directional, it's too late for me to change it out now without a complete system change out. Anyway, I hope the remote start they installed will work well on my new Ti.