Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Steeda Lowering Springs
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #34
Resolve
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98457
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 Resolve Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well one with this minimal of a drop I doubt the struts are really going to were out faster. I know many people with other cars with 2 inch drops on stock struts and they are fine and have been for years. Granted they may not last as long as stock setup but it's not like they will blow out in a month.

Two (as stated above) I know one of my old vehicles actually rode better with a 2 inch drop on stock struts that it did stock. But my S10 has a harsh ride with a 5 inch drop in front and 6 inch drop in the rear.

Three :( on the drop. Basically $50 more for maybe .20 inch of a drop in front. Claims to reduce understeer, but in most cases just daily driving that is not an issue so really to me the springs are not worth it. I still want something to drop lower. The H&R get you to almost 1.5 inches. Me taste do not want wheel well gap and these don't look that much different than stock. Heck if I saw the Steeda pics online and didn't know it had springs I wouldn't have even guessed it was dropped. But this is all my opinion.