Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ignition barrel with no led!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,868, Level 74
Points: 12,868, Level: 74 Points: 12,868, Level: 74 Points: 12,868, Level: 74
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0der View Post
Does not sound practical to me
It really bothers me. It takes at least 6-15 secs to plug the key. That night I was with my friends and I looked really stupid. Maybe because I'm still a fresh owner of a Focus. Maybe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
You apparently haven't driven the 2012 in the dark.

OP, this is one thing that bothers me too. I've had mine for a couple weeks shy of a year. I always lean over to look around the steering wheel when putting the key in the ignition. I'd hate to scratch up everything. Whether those rings will fit or not, I don't know. Don't the models with the ambient lighting have LED rings?
It's not that difficult if you think about it. What did you do in cars before they had the area around the ignition lighted? I have several cars and never seem to have the trouble of finding the ignition point at all. I can go to any of my vehicles in absolute darkness and find the ignition in less than a second. And yes, I have driven the 2012 models already and still didn't have any problems.