GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
While I certainly post about my issues with the MFT system in my car (and there are many) I also state on here quite often that I'd buy my car again in a heartbeat. The driving/handling, interior, and overall comfort are top-notch. It's a great little car.

Still, when a multi-thousand dollar system (between MFT + Nav) acts like a pre-beta release half the time... well, it does get frustrating!
No doubt it's frustrating. But the only way it will get fixed is to scream directly at Ford and your dealer. It doesn't matter if they give you answers that don't resolve anything, keep screaming, yelling, jumping up and down... whatever it takes. One million posts here (not saying you do that) will do absolutely nothing to address the issue, but 50 calls to Ford and your dealer will help, especially if everyone who has an issue does the same thing. Be relentless with them.

It's true that Ford has at least one person in this forum, but the bottom line is, they see the same stuff over and over from a select group of people, and they probably just chalk it up to a small group of people who just want to complain. That might sound like bad customer service, but it is what it is. You've heard the phrase the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Well, squeak to the people that can fix it. I hope it doesn't sound like I am attacking you TiPilot, it's not my intention to do that. I just think that if the negative energy that is in this forum is re-directed to Ford, then there's a better chance that those who have issues will get them resolved.

I love my Focus, and like Richs10, never saw myself buying one. But, I love it, and MFT/Sync is a big part of what sold me. I think it's a great system, and I am fortunate to have practically no issues with mine. Who knows, perhaps it's the combination of phone / music devices I connect, or perhaps there's a major flaw in some but not others, but regardless, the system can work well, so I think it's worth the effort for those with issues to direct their energy to the right place. This forum isn't going to get it done.