Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Installing aftermarket radio control unit question or for anyone with an SVT
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Installing aftermarket radio control unit question or for anyone with an SVT

I am installing an aftermarket headunit and steering wheel control unit to the car so I can have my steering wheel controls work also. Well I can't seem to figure out if the wiring for the control unit is correct. The car came with a hacked off harness for the controls and sub so I had to buy one and solder the connections together. I'm wondering if the 2 brown/yellow wires are flip flopped? If they were would the steering wheel controls still work? Comming out of my car I have 2 dark brown and yellow wires. My buddy and the connector that I bought has a dark brown yellow and light brown yellow combo. My friends SVT has the light yellow wire running along with all the other wires and the dark brown wire running with the sub wires through some kind of foil. On my car one of the wires runs through it's own shield and the other runs with all the other wires. Right now I have the ground wire for that cable hooked up to the one that runs by itself in it's own housing. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is actually pin12 or the one that is on the right side if you are looking at the red part of the plug? Let me show you some pics to see if that can help you out.

I bought this as I was told to buy.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIP...S.html?tp=3405

Not sure if you can tell but the light brown wire I connected to one of the dark brown wires. The one I connected it to runs through it's own little shield to whereever on the car. The other darker brown wire I connected the to other dark brown wire.