Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
I love the white ball!!!! I'm kicking myself now lol what's the weight on that one?
Thanks man! Like I said, Sonic_Hedgehog posted a pic of his and the look grew on me. Don't have an exact weight or anything but it's definitely lighter than the stock knob. Probably like 1/2 to 3/4 of the weight.

I have a tendency to shift a bit more forcefully than most I think so I don't notice any difference in effort to get into gear. However, those that don't like to put a lot of effort into shifting may want to find something weighted. It's not like it makes it hard to get into gear or anything, it just may annoy some people after a while.

The reasons I went with this one were:

1) Numbers and shift pattern aren't just painted onto the ball (with a higher chance of wear). They are inset into the resin and then painted.

2) It comes with a black piece that is meant to act as a boot attachment and cover for the shifter between the boot and shift knob. I used it to hold up the shift boot all the way by turning it upside down and sandwiching the boot between it and the knob.

You can see what piece I'm talking about in the link for the shift knob here.