meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceredrudy View Post
Any update ? I think a cherry bomb GP might be a cheap mod that could yield good results ...
2.5 mandrel aluminized, 18 inch glasspack as resonator, and a Dynomax VT muffler

Well I drove it all around town Sat. with the wife sitting in it and she approves. We had a pretty big aurgument before we left because she didn't want to ride it my car with the glasspacks installed (really loud and drone prone). She didn't know I changed it so I wanted an honest reaction. We got about two miles from the house and she said what happened it's not loud. I told her I put the stock back on just for her, and she never questioned it......until the ride home. after about 9 hrs. in town shopping and driving all around I decided to come clean and I mashed it for a few stoplight to stoplight runs, and she said "that isn't stock mine don't sound like that". She drives a 2012 Focus SEL sedan with DCT lol busted. It does make a statement about how quiet it is when the valve is closed, that someone who drives a stock Focus daily couldn't tell the exhaust was modified. She also said when the valve opens it sounded good and not too fart can like. lol