Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - MK3 2012 Focus - Oil Change 101
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #122
nosmokingbandit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66954
What I Drive: '12 SE 5-Door, Candy Red

FF Reputation: 3 nosmokingbandit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I just picked up my 2012 Ti HB on Friday and am sizing up the oil change task but I have a question.

I don't have a garage with lift so I'd need to change the oil/filter without the aid of a lift and I don't think I'm going to be able to handle this task without lifting the front end enough to crawl under. Now, the problem is, if you lift the front up, and I'm thinking of using ramps to lift both front wheels about 8 inches, the car will be unlevel so how would that effect the oil draining? That is, with the nose up in this way will I be able to completely drain the oil?

I've looked through this thread and there's some pictures on about page 3 that seem to show the filter is to the front and the drain plug is to the rear and if that's true then lifting the front end would actually be better for draining -- is my observation correct with the filter to the front and the drain plug to the rear?

Brian
My driveway is on a pretty good incline, so what i do is put the ramps on the incline (facing downward), and prop my car up on them. At that point the car is sitting fairly level and i have tons of room to get under it. I'm sure its not necessary, but I do it anyway because its easier than pulling the falcon out of our garage in order to use the only flat surface available (it takes about 30 minutes to move our falcon out, about 25 minutes of which are spent peeling out in front of the house and ripping around town, haha).