cfioretti
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85702
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 cfioretti Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission and AC Compressor noise

Hey...

I bought a Focus when they were just released last April. I have been struggling with the transmission issues every day. I have had it in twice to the dealership and was told that it is working as designed and is simply the way the dual clutch shifts.

In particular, I notice the shuddering when I accelerate slowly and right after it shifts to 3rd gear. It almost seems that it shifts too early and the rpm's drop causing the shudder. I can avoid the shudder if I accelerate faster when the car is in 2nd gear.

Anyway, I have had all the software updates installed and that didn't fix the issue. I am tempted to take it in and force them to replace the clutch or rebuild the tranny.

The other noise that is distracting is coming from the AC. It seems that when I have the AC engaged, there is a wheezing / subtle whistling noise. This noise goes away when I turn off the AC (and just have the fan running). So it is something with the AC compressor I suppose. This might just be 'Normal' for these cars too... Does anyone else hear this noise while running the AC?