copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shudder View Post
It's almost like MFT/SYNC has cached the old list of my music internally (does it really do that???). If this is the case, how do I clear that caching so that it will see the actual music on my device now?
I've been wondering about the caching myself for some time and am still not sure. If it does not, it seems to me that at the very least the system does not always do an effective job of eliminating and overwriting old index information with new, leading to confusion for the system.

As much as I hate to say it, have you done a Master Reset? I generally agree with some of the others on here that they do not really accomplish much but in your case, it actually might.

Also, one thing I learned with the old version (2.11) was that having my iPhone sync BT for calls and stuff as well as hooking it up through USB for music seemed to really mess with the system (for me at least). I haven't tried it since the update so I don't know if it is still the same. I keep a dedicated iPod hooked up USB for my personal music collection and only use my phone for calls and BT streaming Pandora, Slacker, etc. That setup has been pretty stable for me (stable being relative because this is pretty much an unstable system).