Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #489
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FOCUS S View Post
Ford needs to come clean here. Something is not right. I have nothing resolved...

cut/paste from above post.....

"Owner states there is a clunking, clanking, rattles, loud esp.with two people in the car. Check and advise..
"Road test with shop foreman and tech. and verify. Suspension/steering NVH diagnosis. All inspections found good with no apparent problems. Contact Ford Engineering and performed multiple diagnostic procedures. Remove both fron sway links and attach chassis ears and re road test. Pinpointed noise to both front strut areas. Per hotline replace both front coil springs and strut bearings. Perform 4 wheel alignment and make adjustments. re road tested by tech and foreman--all ok. Fix verified.
Parts:
Qty 2 CV6Z-5310-A Spring-front
Qty 2 AD-1094 Bearing-front.

TSB needs to be issued ASAP....not endless threads on this forum!!! I got no resolution......dealer comment as follows -- the new ones on the lot do the same thing. Ford Engineering told the dealer there might be a TSB issued. Might.......

how long does it take Ford Engineering to figure this out.....or did they figure it out....and now they are nickel and dimeing their way through this entire fiasco....

I should have bought a HONDA CIVIC......

Ford..if you have a bad batch of struts and/or bearings etc....get the damned TSB out and quit fooling around! what this amounts to is drive to a dealer who will replace parts???? Bullkrap.......
WORD!