Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #1836
shudder
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97667
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 shudder Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an iPhone I use with MFT/SYNC in my 2012 Titanium. It has been working on and off since I bought the car in March of this year. I've learned that I must constantly physically unattach and reattach the iPhone after, say, stopping for gas, or at the store, in order to get it to work properly. That's a pain.

But, just today I ran into something odd I need some help with: I synced my iPhone to my computer and redid my music folder in iTunes (removed a ton of stuff; populated it with a load of new stuff). A lot of the old music is gone from the phone, and a lot of new stuff is there now. I have confirmed this by going through iTunes on the phone. Looks all good, and I can play stuff, no trouble.

What happens with my MFT/SYNC is that I am getting a "No media files on this device" dialog when I attempt to bring some music online via the touchscreen. However, if I use voice control I can tell voice command to play an artist I know is now in my music dir, but it won't recognize the name (asks me to choose from a numbered list, and the artist is never there). On the flip side of that, I can use voice command to bring up an artist that is no longer on the phone, and it attempts to play that artist for me, even though the artist is no longer on my phone. Because that artist is no longer in my music, the system then randomly plays song 1 of 538 in my music, and I listen for a bit and start hearing some of the new stuff I put on it last night...

It's almost like MFT/SYNC has cached the old list of my music internally (does it really do that???). If this is the case, how do I clear that caching so that it will see the actual music on my device now?

Thanks in advance, folks.

- shud