Pretherius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97062
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan 5-Spd Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Pretherius Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Ha, not particularly. I just lay my head on the floor and under the car as far as I can, then reach as far as I can and I got everything. Then I go pop a couple of Motrin...
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I did my first oil change last Friday at 2866 miles. I used the ramps and that worked pretty good. Used Mobil-1 5W-20 and the Motor craft filter. Total time about 25 minutes -- not bad for the first time.

I used a 5-quart jug bought at Wally world for $27 but eyeballed how much to put in. I have a hard time seeing the correct level on the dipstick with new oil and it was a couple days before I was able to get a good read on it -- it was dead center between the marks.
Cool--what ramps did you use?

Yah this engine takes quite a long time to run the oil down from the filler hole into the drain pan for whatever. It's easy to overfill, and it looks low for a very long time after you stop the engine. 4.5 qt will have you below the top of the crosshatch but the full 5 qt will put you well over it.

(The old 3.0L vulcan was rated for 4.5 qt, but 5 qt put that engine perfectly at the top of the crosshatch.)