Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #1239
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
New update needs to adapt more to your driving habits. How do you drive. I keep hearing people shifting around 1500-2000, hypermiling and 6th gear below 40mph. Would you guys drive a stick like this.

I think with the variety of issues after the update it has to be the driver. My car is in the shop getting the update. I will have to provide my feed back tonight.
I usually drive pretty light footed to keep my mpg where its at but when I slow down and make a turn into a parking lot, why does it shudder and feel like im in 4th gear on a manual . So I press the gas a little more before it realizes it needs to downshift and it puts it in 3rd. 3rd?? Really?

Maybe I should be driving in S mode a little more.

The last update to the DCT was just fine and I did not notice a need to wait for the tranny to adjust to my driving. It seemed like it was always ready at any speed to kick down and would hold the gears longer if you wanted to pull away from a stop but now to do the same thing you have to literally keep the pedal FLOORED.

Looking forward to the next DCT PCM Update.