Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #1228
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I had my update done some time ago and I can say the car is still great to drive. At 62 mph (100 km/h) I saw on a highway strech of 36 km, 5.2 l/100km = 45 mpg. I have to say that it was right after I fill it up. I never saw this kind of reading in the same conditions before this FSA. Usually it was 5.9 l/100km = 40 mpg. Because I don't like to drive like a grany and usually doing 70 mph = 112 km/h, I average on highway 6.8 l/100 km = 34 mpg for the same distance. I don't have yet any long distance highway to really have a better idea about how it performs lets say in a trip from Montreal to Toronto = 500 km (313 miles). But the car has almost 20 000 km already and I love it. Only if it had a larger tank...
Woa !! Impressive numbers. The best I could get before 12B37 was 6.2 going 100 KPH on highway 30 going to Varenne. Needless to say I didnt make any friends on the highway on that day going 100 KPH, but, I needed to see what kind of numbers I'd pull from some granny driving. In regular condition, the best I had was 7.5 (St-Constant to corner Papineau/Metropolitain in Montreal).

Last nite comming back from the dealer (Laval to St-Constant) I got pretty ordinary numers: 28.9 MPG or 8.1L/100. Maybe things will get better after a 1000 Km ''break in'' of the new tranny software, who knows?

I had FSA 12B37 done yesterday so I'll be monitoring my fuel situation closely. So far, I like very much how the tranny reacts, it's more responsive, has less hesitation and dear God, I even had a kickdown mergring onto highway trafic last nite. I noticed that Iddle drops to 500/600 RPM's and it still shuders but very lightly compared to before. anyways, 12B37 sounds like a sucess to me. I hope the tranny will still behave during winter time as I had troubles adjusting to avoid TC to kick in at each stop and go.