Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #482
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@ Smizak

I didnt hear any noise comming from the front end until my wife and I got together in the car. I always drive mine and she drives her's...to each their own toys I guess. But recently we had to ride together and we both noticed the clunking noise comming from the right front end. We heard it very clearly in a specific situation:
When approching an intersection into wich you need to turn either left or right at 90 degree. The clunking noise was heard when applying the brakes before the turn, during the turn and comming out of the turn. I am not stopping the car, only slowing it down to negociate the turn in a mild manner.

Now like I explained before, I have never heard that noise when I am alone in the car. We're talking about a 6.1, 240 lbs driver. Add my wife (6.0 150 lbs) and the noise appears. Got my car back tonite from the dealer. Not sure about the noise being completely gone as I have to do some test with my favorite co-pilot. I'll keep you guys posted.

Here are the part that were changed:
BV6Z-5310-B (Spring Front)
AD-1094 (Bearing Front)
W715490-S442 (Bolt)
W700212-S442 (Nut - Hex)

Last edited by Kaaru; 06-13-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typos