Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Proper Euro Front Plate
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #46
Sniperx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99628
What I Drive: 2004 White ZX3, 1985 BMW M535 Dinan

FF Reputation: 2 Sniperx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
I was looking at them when I posted that.

This is the only part I found that says issued.
5200. (a) When two license plates are issued by the department for use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.

Everything else just say license plate. Its all in how you interpret the law vs how they interpret the law. Everything is so loosely worded.
That is how it was worded when I did it back in like 1989...so it hasn't changed. Probably because no one has ever challenged it. Worded that way it is surely open to interpretation. In fact, what I noticed about that wording doesn't even state they have to be attached outside the vehicle so that is why I put mine in the trunk even though it does say one in front and one in back. I guess if one wanted to be legal by the word of the law, you could put on in the back window and stick the other in the windshield on the dash....and stick the Euro plates in the license holders front and rear.