feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
I know plenty of 23 year old recent software engineering grads who could write a much more stable and efficient system. More often than not you will find the new programmers are better than the old since they aren't set in the ways of yesteryear and know how to best leverage the newer languages out there. It isn't fair to slight the younger folks in computer science and technology just because they are young.

Now, this system does show signs of being designed by a third-party developer who may have been rushed to production and may have outsourced some of their own development to places other than the US. It also shows signs of being written in a sub-par non-ideal language.
Agreed. Don't bash the younger crowd... look at the gaming industry, you have several AAA titles built by teams in their 20s with directors and department leads in their 30s and 40s directing the younger guys who are actually doing the dirty work.

This system was just designed by a team with poor communication and no teamwork. It's like splitting up the group and setting them in two separate rooms to code two separate parts without letting them talk to each other to make sure their programming plays nicely.
Sonic Crew #28