Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #1826
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
I am collecting screen shots but . . it's nearly a fool's errand. Some days things connect, other times I get the "Bluetooth disabled" . . .and the navigation (silly small compass) and entertainment panel (sometime count the number of keystrokes required to go from a station on Sirius Bank 1 to Sirius Bank 2) show signs of being designed by a team of 23 year old recent engineering grads.
I know plenty of 23 year old recent software engineering grads who could write a much more stable and efficient system. More often than not you will find the new programmers are better than the old since they aren't set in the ways of yesteryear and know how to best leverage the newer languages out there. It isn't fair to slight the younger folks in computer science and technology just because they are young.

Now, this system does show signs of being designed by a third-party developer who may have been rushed to production and may have outsourced some of their own development to places other than the US. It also shows signs of being written in a sub-par non-ideal language.