Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #1227
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I had my update done some time ago and I can say the car is still great to drive. At 62 mph (100 km/h) I saw on a highway strech of 36 km, 5.2 l/100km = 45 mpg. I have to say that it was right after I fill it up. I never saw this kind of reading in the same conditions before this FSA. Usually it was 5.9 l/100km = 40 mpg. Because I don't like to drive like a grany and usually doing 70 mph = 112 km/h, I average on highway 6.8 l/100 km = 34 mpg for the same distance. I don't have yet any long distance highway to really have a better idea about how it performs lets say in a trip from Montreal to Toronto = 500 km (313 miles). But the car has almost 20 000 km already and I love it. Only if it had a larger tank...
I drove to Midland, TX from Austin, TX (approx 330 miles) last weekend. I got 37 MPG. Its sort of a hilly route to drive. I had the update done quite sometime ago, I think late May. I average 34 MPG on my daily commute to work (62 Miles one way). I have 5300 miles on my car to date, with zero problems or complaints

I have the letter from Ford regarding the FSA if anyone wants it scanned, I can scan it.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.