Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #1224
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
Good thing for you that you had yours done.
I never had to have an update done to mine as it was built with the latest software. This fix only applied to units built prior to 3/28/12, Mine was built 4/23/12 and hasn't given me any trouble yet in almost 1300 miles. I even got over 37 mpg with the a/c on full most of the last tank, but that was via the first 80 miles of commuting to and from work and around town until Thursday evening, then a pair of weekend trips, one to an amusement park in Ohio, the other to the Chrysler Chelsea Proving grounds for an SAE conference, and then back to home again.

If you've had issues with the update I would probably try resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery, but if that doesn't help then perhaps you'll be best served by finding another car with a torque converter. I however prefer driving a DCT before a torque converter automatic, and in traffic at least put it still ahead of a manual. Although if traffic wasn't as much of an issue and there was a 6MT with a tall over drive gear, and the same final drive as the current MTX-75, or DPS6 I might have considered it.

The ST has great potential, but the clutch is a bit of an on/ off switch if you're not used to the clutch on a higher performance fwd car.