Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus fuel gauge problem
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #41
RedoFromStart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98701
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 RedoFromStart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As I expected, the service department at my dealership gave me the same old run-arounds that I've gotten from all other service departments of American automobile manufacturers.

If you listen to the tech who argued with me about what I saw on my own dashboard for a month straight (because we customers are all just so stupid that we don't know what we experience and need qualified Technicians to alter our perception), he'll have you believing not only does the gas gauge just barely show incorrect, that it's apparently normal for the gas gauge to read 2 gallons less than the tank has in it, remaining on E with the low fuel indicator blaring in your face once there is 1/4 tank or less of gas.

I haven't even made the first payment on it and I've had it in the service department 3 times already. It doesn't even have license plates yet.

Who would have thought that the first car manufacturer in the USA, who has been making them for over a century, would begin making cars with fuel gauges that read incorrectly by design and consider that normal? What a disgrace.

Imagine that...a car touted as a big fuel-saving vehicle, but in lieu of hoping you can pay for your next tank of gas, you have to worry at 1/4 tank how far you'll be able to drive because you don't actually know how much gas you have.

Last edited by RedoFromStart; 06-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.