Sniperx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99628
What I Drive: 2004 White ZX3, 1985 BMW M535 Dinan

FF Reputation: 2 Sniperx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
Nice. Ive seen a couple of cars around with their state tag number on euro plate and the registration stickers on them. I was thinking about getting one of these with my tag number on it http://www.licenseplates.tv/californ...late_7048.html

I don't remember CA law saying "state issued" anywhere so by the wording of the law and as long as its the right number it would be "legal" in CA.
If someone know if/where it does say "state issued" please post it.
All of the cali vehicle statues are a matter of public record so you might be able to just go online and google the license plate statutes. Be ready to read since it is a Cali law! They ( I lived there off and on for 18 years) have the stupidest longest winded dumb traffic and other laws on the books! I am guessing there wil be more then five pages on a license plate alone. I also suggest having a copy of it in the car if it is technically legal for you to still do this. I left Cali in 1995 and then there wasn't a "findable law" against a plate that wasn't state issued. I seem to remember the law only stated front and rear license plates that had the be ledge-able from a certain distance, and a registration sticker.