Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - cylinder compression ratings
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
grizz59
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99948
What I Drive: 2001 blue se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 grizz59 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
cylinder compression ratings

Hi new to site. Just recently was given a 2001 se sedan from a friend at work. Car has 200,000 kil.( 120,000 mi.) on it.Motor is the 2.0l SOHC which has sucummed to the famous valve problem.We have already pulled the engine out and have already found to low mileage engines from a nearby auto wrecker. I'm want to know what the normal cylinder compression ratings are for this engine and what are your opions are about putting this car back on the road. The car is in excellent shape inside and out has most options for the year. If i purchase one of this engines by the time we get it in and get the car back on the road i will be into it for around 1800 dollars.I'm giving the car to my daughter and with the history of these engines i just was wondering what everyone thought.( P.S. live in bc canada and even at 2000 dollars the car is at the low end of listed used prices here in British Columbia.) Any comments appreciated

Cheers Colin