copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
The only thing you didn't mention, so I am guessing it didn't happen is the recommended Master Reset before using the system. I got a new APIM as well (not needed IMO in my case, but they did it anyway). First thing I did was a Master Reset. Why? Dunno, system just seemed "Off" when I first got in the car. My IT / Programming experience suggested to me that I do that, so I did. Turns out later the Ford rep in this forum actually said it was indeed recommended. Perhaps you dealer did it, but if it were me, I'd have done it myself to be sure.

Mine is still working quite well by the way. Perfect, always? No, but very rare issues, and very minor.
Nah, I didn't. I assumed (and I know assuming is wrong) it wouldn't be necessary. One would think with a new APIM and a fresh MFT install it indeed would not be necessary. I did several after the update install but to no avail. I'm still going to maintain that the programming is crap, nothing more, nothing less. A master reset does not fix the disappearing street location, a master reset does not fix the garbage voice commands, and so on and so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
To be fair, the reason it is recommended is because the only options they give you is Master Reset, talk to the dealership (who will do a master reset), or wait for a future update and that's the only one that the user can do without too much frustration.
Agreed. The magical answer to everything (but in reality nothing). That was the first question they asked when I brought it up. "Did you do a Master Reset?" Yes, more than one I explained. Hence the reinstall attempts and new APIM the dealer tried, again, which do nothing.