Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1202
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I agree. We have had similar service from our dealer and the DCT has been absolutely wonderful. I think some people must be driving a different car.

I do not think there are a lot a problems with the DCT. I sympathize with those who are experiencing problems but they are a small minority of all 12 Foci on the road.
You're combining two subjects - dealer service and DCT issues. You said you agree with Riderbike, but I'm assuming that's only with his favorable opinion on customer service since he's been clear about his real DCT issues (specifically one of the clutches which has since been replaced and works fine now). So I assume you disagree with him on the issue of the DCT "problems" being real or imaginary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterDan View Post
I can't agree with you. I think that many people have experienced problems with the transmission, hence the recall. Plus, seemingly every newspaper, magazine and online review panned the transmission.
Agreed! Looks like Ford may have finally gotten the software right for the most part, or at least as right as we can reasonably hope for. But it was a long bumpy road to get here.