Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Time to whoop a friends Honda. lol....maybe?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #22
SMITHBOY76908
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

Points 14,482, Level 78
Points: 14,482, Level: 78 Points: 14,482, Level: 78 Points: 14,482, Level: 78
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Don't worry about cams, not enough difference to justify them. As for how sticky the track is, it really depends on which track you go to. VHT is very sticky itself but it also varies on how well it's laid down and kept up. I've gone to two different tracks in the same weekend and at one, the slicks would grab and leave and the other I would light the slicks up through the 60ft and be a half second slower or more. If you've been to Maryland International Raceway (MIR) or South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP), you know what excellent track prep is like.

Since you're on street tires, go around the water box if you can. Getting the street tires wet and trying to do a burnout to heat them up is not only pointless (if you do get them warm) but ineffective since it still traps water in the treads anyway. Unless you're running slicks or drag radials, just go around the water box.

Also "2 door Honda" tells me nothing. There's a big difference between a Prelude, an Accord, and a CRX, all are 2 door Hondas. Given it's a B18 means it's probably not a Prelude or Accord (someone would be really stupid to underpower them with that motor) so it's either an Integra, Civic, or CRX. Honestly, he's probably got you if he can drive half decent. He's gonna pull you on top end. All of the Honda's I've lost to it has been top end. I'll get them off the launch and through the 1/8th mile but then they drive around me between the 1000ft mark and the 1/4. Below is a race I won against a built and turbo Civic a couple years ago.

Spot: Me --- Honda
60ft: 2.09 --- 2.54
1/8: 8.64 @ 85mph --- 9.14 @ 89mph
1/4: 13.51 @ 105mph ---- 13.52 @ 114mph

I got a big jump out on him but he started catching up after the 1/8th mile and I saw him coming really fast in my rearview and next to me when I crossed the finishline. I beat him just 2/100ths of a second. They're rpm freaks that love high rpm and top end power. My advice is to launch the best you can and get out in front and try to hold it.