View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #203
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I just got my mount in today, went to buy the bolt/washer. This is when I noticed that the replacement bolt does not have the same outside diameter as the non-threaded side of the motor mounts inside diameter.

After getting home I pulled up this thread and looked at the picture...I can't believe I didn't notice that the factory Ford bolt is shouldered. Either way, over time this can cause an issue as the mount can end up cutting through the bolt (or vice-verso). Being in with Jeepers, this is relatively common for people who quick-pin their front sway bar for easy fun.

I don't know how long it would take before that could occur, but I'm curious if the MS3 owners have a stock MS3 bolt for access/comparison to the stock Ford bolt. I can fab a bushing at work for my car, but thought this info may benefit others whom have already done the swap.

I guess I should clarify, I'm curious as to how far the shoulder goes on the stock MS3 bolt. I wouldn't imagine that it is shouldered farther than the stock Focus bolt, but it could go to the threads.

Edit: I just took it for a test drive, no clunk or noise. I will probably check the bolt in 1000 miles to see if anything seems amiss.

But I took it for a test drive and wow! With the DCT and running 91 octane, this thing idles like glass! Shifts were noticeably more firm and seemed quicker. I can't imagine that they were quicker, maybe the power was more quickly transferred, idk. Not trying to make a ton out of this, but this was easily the best $45 I've spent on the car.

Last edited by dyn085; 06-06-2012 at 08:01 PM.