Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Bung size for an EGR weld-on a SVT header?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 7,952, Level 60
Points: 7,952, Level: 60 Points: 7,952, Level: 60 Points: 7,952, Level: 60
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Bung size for an EGR weld-on a SVT header?

I am looking at doing some better looking modifications to my SVT header.

I am going to be shaving off the heat shield stubs, weld in an O2 bung at the collector for a wideband O2 sensor and also will be having a local shop ceramic coat it with NIC Ceramic coating.

I want/need to have EGR function (at times) and right now I have just a 2-3" 1/2" OD tube welded on which I then have to sleeve to hook up EGR. Does any one know what the thread or Bung size is needed for the stock EGR to thread on?

Any good "clean" way to transition from the Bung to the EGR threads (like a flexible pipe section that can handle exhaust temps)?

Thanks!

Edit: Thought it might be worth mentioning I am taking this along with a Bung for Oil return for the oil pan for a future turbo to a welder to MIG/TIG weld everything up and would like to do it all at once (and obviously before ceramic coating). So I want to buy / find a bung so he can get this welded all at once.. (better cost having him do it all at once). Just thought of this, should I go to a pick and pull and just get a stock manifold and cut off the "stock" bung?

Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)