Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 with 175whp
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #86
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

Points 854, Level 15
Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I took the facts we have. One SAE certified crank horsepower number for all 2012 foci, and several stock wheel horsepower numbers. (FocusBoys were 148whp as well I believe, could be wrong.) Used that to calculate the parasitic loss, and then applied that to his current whp result. Obviously we have to assume the dynos were sent up correctly, which could be a stretch. I've stated all of this already I believe?

Based on your logic. No stock 2012 owner can say they have a 160hp car, unless they have the engine put on an engine dyno. Assuming the motor makes the SAE certified numbers, isn't a poor assumption I don't believe. At the very least its a conservative one.
Ford has recently been in the business of under rating the engine packages... for whatever reason. Maybe they are still feeling the ill effects of overratting the 1999 cobra... who knows.

You're playing dumb, you refuse to recognize that Ford's numbers are obviously deflated. If you actually can't accept that, that means you opening believe this platform only suffers a 7.5% drivetrain loss.

Those are really your only two options. Do we know the exact engine hp? No we don't, but as Tbone was trying to point out to you, FocusBoys number were no more or less accurate to the real world than yours. You were faulting someone and your reason was just as flawed.