Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Do you want to loose weight? I lost 76 in 3 months
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #53
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Reducing meat and soda helps most people, but not all. There are multiple theories behind weight loss. One theory that might work for you is to make sure that you are eating more protein than carbohydrates. I'd suggest using veggies to be sure you get your nutrients, and then get your protein however you can.

Corn, and soy should be avoided because both contain elements that slow metabolism. So should energy drinks, and sugar substitutes. You'd be better off managing sugar carbs instead of substitutes like saccharin that trick your body. To really reduce the effect of sugar on you, try using honey as a sweetener instead. It's more easily digested, and there's more to it than simple carbs like cane sugar. Now these things should only be avoided until you lose weight, so none are "bad".

Remember the 4 food groups? If not, check it out, and follow that plan. Remember that losing weight is 80% what you eat, and 20% exercise. You will need to exercise, but only to assist. You'll find products that you like- like some protein bars- that you can use to curb your appetite and stay on target to eat more protein than carbs. This helped a friend of mine lose like 60 lbs in 3 months. He also went to the gym and did step exercise and other group exercises 3x per week.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.