raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I tend to have a problem with going below the recommended pressure on the door jamb (39). I was actually really surprised when I saw it, and up until that point just thought that my tires were over-inflated.

The dealership was so kind as to have installed nitrogen (yet another debate), and when I saw that it read 42 on my gauge I was cool with it. That's the only real recommendation that I have for people when it comes to tire pressure-pay a little extra for a good gauge and only use that one gauge to monitor pressure. Throw it in your glove box and you will never lose it.

Sorry, that was . I actually love the Handling Package and would rather have that package. But I prefer a sport-oriented ride. My girlfriend would prefer to not have it, as she likes a softer ride. If I were the OP, I would go test drive both in the conditions you are currently in.

Other side note-I would swear that my suspension got even more firm as things began to settle in (counter-intuitive, I know). This may not be anything more than my mind playing tricks...

To be honest I haven't even checked my tire pressure yet, but I do have a decent pressure gauge.

For most of the car's I've owned the tire pressure I tended to inflate to was 34-38. I'll have to play with the pressure a bit to see how the changes effect the handling and feel.

I guess my thought is that wider tires should need less pressure and I wonder if there is a difference in the recommended pressure depending on which tire you have.

Brian