dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I think I'd lower the tire pressure a tad from 42 down to, say, 38. Actually, I think if I were running 18's at 235 wide I'd be closer to 35. There would be a small difference in mileage but it would be a more comfortable ride with nearly optimal handling. It might also make those expansion grooves a little less bone shaking...

Brian
I tend to have a problem with going below the recommended pressure on the door jamb (39). I was actually really surprised when I saw it, and up until that point just thought that my tires were over-inflated.

The dealership was so kind as to have installed nitrogen (yet another debate), and when I saw that it read 42 on my gauge I was cool with it. That's the only real recommendation that I have for people when it comes to tire pressure-pay a little extra for a good gauge and only use that one gauge to monitor pressure. Throw it in your glove box and you will never lose it.

Sorry, that was . I actually love the Handling Package and would rather have that package. But I prefer a sport-oriented ride. My girlfriend would prefer to not have it, as she likes a softer ride. If I were the OP, I would go test drive both in the conditions you are currently in.

Other side note-I would swear that my suspension got even more firm as things began to settle in (counter-intuitive, I know). This may not be anything more than my mind playing tricks...