squack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99512
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 squack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norco View Post
I've only had my 2012 Focus (Sedan) for 2 days and am already having issues with Sync (non MFT).

I had my phone and ipod synced up and everything was working great day 1, unfortunatly day 2 when I push the sync button on the wheel, or the phone and aux button on the center channel nothing is happening.

I am not getting the voice to make a command or the phone.aux menus when i select them.

Since I cannot access the menus, I am unable to do a master reset of the Ford Sync, so I tried unplugging the Sync Fuse in the Fuse box. I did this twice and it did not resolve my problem.

Other then taking it to the dealer, is there any way to fix this? Is it possible i screwed up some of my settings somehow or am I already going to have to make a trip to get service?

Thanks,

Norco
I just got my SEL last week, and it's been great overall, and SYNC too has worked reasonably for the most part, but not always. 70% of the time I use the car, SYNC works as it should, and I'm happy with it.

About 30% of the time I start the car, it randomly decides to switch to radio even though it was in iPod USB mode before. Just as with Norco, it refuses to switch to USB mode when I press the button for it, and the Sync voice commands don't work (the steering wheel sync paddle does nothing in those cases). Sometimes, after a minute, SYNC starts working, and I can use the buttons or voice commands to go back to the iPod through USB.

Today, I noticed another glitch. As before, it chose to randomly switch to radio when I started the car, voice commands quit, and the Aux button did nothing. Then, after about 30 seconds, SYNC started to work properly. Then, when I turned the engine off, the audio started stuttering and glitching. Then I started the car again, and the glitchy stuttering continued for about 6 seconds, then it came back to its senses and started working properly again.

My car is brand new, has all the latest updates (3.1.1), and I find this unreliability of the sync system quite disappointing, even though it is very nifty and nice when it works. I thought I had escaped problems by avoiding MFT, though it seems the regular SYNC needs significant work too.

Any suggestions on how to improve this? How are your cars doing?