View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #1782
Steev
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99699
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Steev Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok so I've get yet another bug that I'm struggling with. I know it's a long shot, but I figured that I'd submit it to the cloud for some input.

I have a Zune HD 32gb that I've been using on MFT ever since I bought the car in March. It has always worked with varying degrees of success (long index times, sporadic appearance of album art, but it played music which I guess is all I really care about) on both 2.11 and 3.0.2, which is what's on there now. A few days ago, I plugged the thing in and it said "This USB device is not supported, please remove," and I haven't been able to use it with MFT since, although it continues to work fine plugged into my PC. Here are the things I've tried without success:

-Reinstalling the Zune HD's firmware
-Master reset of MFT
-Reboot cab
-Pulling the fuse
-Using a different Zune cable (also confirmed working on my PC)

I'm about to try reinstalling the MFT update, but I don't know if that's even possible and I'm certainly not looking forward to the hour of wasted time and gas. I'm hesitant to call any dealerships because I doubt that they would know what's wrong (I don't think Ford even knows what's wrong with that thing) and I don't want to pay them whatever exorbitant amount of money that they would charge me for plugging a USB stick into my car. I suppose I could always dig up a flash drive or an SD card and use that for music instead, but I'd really like to use my MP3 player for its designated purpose.

Any thoughts?